Last night Elton and I were watching a dvd after Thomas had gone to bed and I had the machine running. It was on a spin cycle and we decided to pause while it was spinning. After just sitting for about 5 minutes the cycle stops and we press play. I then decide that I’d like a cup of tea.
Exasperated Elton:Why didn’t you ask me while we were waiting for the machine to stop?
Me: Because I only thought of having tea now
Elton: Why couldn’t you think of having tea while we were waiting for the machine and doing nothing?
Me: Because I was thinking of the flippen machine and if it will ever stop!
Elton: fell about laughing in the kitchen while making my tea.
also way boring to an outsider but that sort of thing makes me very happy to be married to my man. We have lots of moments like that where I wonder how can two people be so connected but still be completely separate beings.
2. Thomas running to me in the afternoon when I fetch him – face wide open with a smile, hands and feet pumping and lots of giggles.
3. The way my little man fits into my body in the morning when we cuddle in bed.
4. Thomas grabbing my face between his chubby paws and planting a kiss squarely on my mouth with a “nice Mama”
5. How the two men in my life are now at a stage where they ‘fight’ over me. “My Mama” NO “My Wife”, etc.
6. The way Elton just knows when I need him to hold my hand or hug me or just put his arms around me.
7. The sweet release of taking off my bra and other restraints and just plonking down in a comfy spot in my home.
8. Reading a book and getting so lost that it’s dark/light when you eventually look up/out.
9. Playing in our local park with Thomas and not being afraid to try every activity and not worrying about embarrassing myself.
10. The words: ‘My Mama’ and ‘My wife’ being bandied about and getting louder and louder with increasing giggles and laughs.